2.5 oz Heavy Duty Frost Blankets
Whether you’re a market grower or a home gardener, these useful frost blankets can help maximize bed space in a number of different ways.
- Extends the growing season for both fall and spring crops
- Provides 5-10+ degrees of freeze protection depending on ambient humidity.
- 40% light transmission
- Designed to help holds in heat
- Is porous and allows rain and overhead irrigation to pass-through
- Minimizes plant burns
- Helps prevent erosion from soil and seed due to heavy rainfalls
- Keeps insects and other unwanted variables off of the growing beds
- Help overwinter ornamentals and other perennials
- Made from a polypropylene felt material that will allow rain and a percentage of light to pass through.
4.0 oz Heavy Duty Frost Blankets
For extra protection before a frost, we recommend the 4.0 oz frost blanket. It can be used with a 2.5 oz blanket for layered protection. The additional weight of this blanket provides approximately 4-8+ more protection than the 2.5 oz blanket.
The frost blanket can last up to three years when properly taken care of and stored. Make sure the blanket is dry, and store it away from direct sunlight.
Click here to learn more about frost blanket application